Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: McCain is reminding of why I am a Republican

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain is reminding of why I am a Republican

    Sorry to tell ya that we are no where near finishing the job over there.

    The infastructure is in shambles. Still no electricity in a lot of areas, raw sewage in the streets, garbage everywhere, no running water, etc...

    The "democracy" is as weak or weaker than it ever has been. Al Maliki wants America out so we should get out.

    $10 billion a month to keep 100,000 troops on the ground over there, not to mention the money we have spent to try and rebuild their infastructure, notice I said THEIR infastructure, while America's infastructure is falling apart at the seams, our roads are terrible, our schools are aging, our water systems are dabilitating, etc...

    It makes no sense to me, they have $80 billion surplus while the Amercian people are going to bear the brunt of trillion dollar deficets.

    Im sorry, McCain and everybody else has been wrong on Iraq. Iraq was never a threat, and will not be a threat.

    Afganistan and Pakistan are the threats. Iran doesn't have ecomomic clout to do anything major.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: McCain is reminding of why I am a Republican

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greencrest1272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His rant about wasteful government spending is giving me chills.

    He now needs to realize that $10 billion a month in Iraq is to much and when they want us to get out, we need to get out. </div></div>

    We are closer to finishing the war and being out of Iraq than at any time in the past. Much of that has to do with the courage of McCain to stand against BOTH parties and push for the troop surge. He took a chance on his political life and did what he thought was best for our country and our troops. The surge has helped bring about an end to the war but H. HUSSEIN still will not admit his stand against it was wrong. Iraq is now in control of 13 of the 18 provinces. B HUSSEIN and all the other far left liberal @ssholes were ready to just throw in the towell and give up. And this man wants to lead our military ???? Now that is a SCARY thought. </div></div>
    Closer to finishing as 99 years than 100? Even if Iraq is stable you STILL have garbage, just garbage that Bush likes.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain is reminding of why I am a Republican

    I watched CSPAN this morning (I don't know why, as I typically despise their nonsensical rhetoric). They were talking to a colonel in Iraq (an American), name something like Bupb. Unfortunately, CSPAN "lost" the call. Nonetheless, he was telling about the Iraquis' response to US presence there, how much they appreciated it, and how they didn't want our troops to leave. He expressed hope they the American media were reporting our successes over there. Unfortunately, they aren't.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: McCain is reminding of why I am a Republican

    Good for Iraq. However, I am more for America and wish the money was spent on Bin Lauden and the US. If someone had dumped 400 billion and destroyed the economy of his country ,meeting the Islamic goal to start with, I would love him ,too.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain is reminding of why I am a Republican

    I guess the argument could be made that raw sewage in the streets is better than Hussein, I dont know...

    All I know is that if I were President and Al-Maliki said our services were no longer wanted, we would be out...

    If Patraeous had been running the show from the begining w/ 160,000 troops instead of Rumsfeld and 90,000 troops, we might be having a different conversation.

    I just wish Colin Powell had some balls when this whole thing started. We wouldn't even be there...

    However, six years in, billions spent, and thousands of lives lost, what has really been gained?
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain is reminding of why I am a Republican

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good for Iraq. However, I am more for America and wish the money was spent on Bin Lauden and the US. If someone had dumped 400 billion and destroyed the economy of his country ,meeting the Islamic goal to start with, I would love him ,too. </div></div>

    Not sure what your point is, but I assume you're saying I love Bush. Wrong. And maybe you don't realize that we are becoming a world economy, and we must reach beyond our geographic borders. Or maybe you're denying Clinton's free trade status to China, and sending 10's of thousands of jobs to Guatamela, Mexico, etc. via NAFTA while he sat in the oval office and tried to light a wet cuban cigar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •